Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 187

Thread: 2007 football schedules

  1. #41
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Widespread_Panic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think Virginia High will beat Gate City because they have too much speed and their tight end/linebacker is one of the top 100 players in the state.

    I couldn't give you the numbers on what Lebanon lost to graduation but Zac Jesse is gone and he was basically their entire team.

    Even at 5-5 I think the Kelly fans would be disappointed. I'd say expectations are for a 7-3 or 6-4 season. It would be interesting to see what coaches would apply for the job. I'd love to see Saunders come back, but that will probably never happen. </div></div>


    Dang 7-3 is going to be a tall order (I would never say a team CAN't do something but 7-3 will be tough)

    here is how I see it

    Game 1 - TS comes to Kelly - Kelly should win this one and start off 1-0

    Game 2 - Pound comes to Kelly - Kelly wins again starts the season 2-0

    Game 3 - Kelly makes the short trip to Burton and takes there first loss 2-1

    Game 4 - Coeburn comes to Kelly (with a 2-1 record as well) Kelly should win this one provided they are not banged up from the Burton game 3-1

    Game 5 - Grundy comes to Kelly (Dang lost of early home games I wonder if kelly will still have grass on there field by this time in the season) I would love to take Kelly but rummer is that Grundys wresling coach is starting to get there big boys back into the system and that will make things tough for Kelly....I will pick them in this one anyway BUT IMHO it is a tossup 4-1

    Game 6 - Wise goes to RC This is another tossup and being that the game is AT RC I am picking them 4-2

    Game 7 - PV comes to Wise I am not saying that wise can't beat PV but the safe money is on PV 4-3

    Game 8 - Wise goes to Clintwood and Clintwood SHOULD be the Favorite 4-4

    Game 9 - Wise goes to Appy AFter faceing PV and Clintwood in back to back weeks going into the Appy will be tough 4-5

    Game 10 - Wise goes to Haysi.....While Haysi IMHO will be down a bit next season that bunch is ALWAYS tough to be at sandlick add to the fact that at this point in the season teams are a bit banged up and while Wises last 3 games have been PV, Clintwood, and Appy Haysi's will have been Open, Hurley, and Open so the Tigers will if nothing else be healthy 4-6


    So in wrapup there are 3 "sure thing wins" Tossup games that should be great matchups and 5 games where Wise will go in the underdogs from the way i look at it 4-6 to 6-4 is about where I expect them 3 or fewer would be a Huge dissapointment and 7 or most win would be an unexpected suprise

  2. #42
    Inactive Member imported_biggamesjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,410
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    You are right suprbeast. It could have been done but it would have taken quite a bit of shuffling on Haysi's part at least. I do think the game could have been played though. Wish it would've happened. It's not fair to the players and especially the seniors to only get to play 9 games.

  3. #43
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PVFAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll be suprised if they lose to CW, it's possible but I really dont see it happening. CW is slow, and when it comes time to beat PV at what PV is the weakest at they go against PV's strength speed. I lost a lot of confidence in CW's coaching staff when they ran that trap. </div></div>

    Clintwood is a trap/Counter team and inside traps are usaly effectave against the way PV plays D That being said I would rather see Dives and Isos down in the redzone or in short yardage but you know you dance with the one that brough you


    BTW do you think Clintwood is that slow? I know they do not have the speed of a Norton or PV but I thought that they were quicker than most the teams they faced last season

  4. #44
    Inactive Member cvcgrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 12th, 2005
    Posts
    2,022
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    I'm not sure Thomas Walker would be a tougher challenge to Powell Valley than Haysi, but didn't Haysi beat the Vikes for the Region D championship the last time they played?


    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I read it as Haysi..who the Vikes did try to schedule...ended up that Thomas Walker was the only team with the cajones to schedule the Vikes for that last slot. </div></div>
    [URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]

  5. #45
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    ??? Haysi would be a MUCH tougher game for the Vikes and would most likley provide more powerpoints as well.

    On the other hand PV will play TW at Bullit park both years and there is somethink to be said for playing an extra home game

  6. #46
    Inactive Member cvcgrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 12th, 2005
    Posts
    2,022
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    I would agree.

    Haysi has had some very good teams in the last few years. But, with Haysi dropping to Div 1, I would think that Powell Valley would be more interested in playing some of the Div 2 teams who could be standing between them and a Region D championship in November.
    [URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]

  7. #47
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    Well since the points for beating a Div1 school vs a Div2 school is now the same that Should not matter that much in any case TW is a Div1 school as well

  8. #48
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    Who do you think has the toughest schedule in each district. My pick would be PV, RC, Honaker, and Gate City respectively.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  9. #49
    Inactive Member cvcgrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 12th, 2005
    Posts
    2,022
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    Yeah.

    I'm thinking about the new CMD and the teams who could be contending for the Region D championship at the end of the season. I think experience against teams like Virginia High and Lebanon have to be more beneficial.
    [URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]

  10. #50
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    You can sure tell that Tom didn't make Appy's schedule.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •